Welcome to Cécile's freelance profile!
Location and workplace preferences
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Remote only
- Primarily works remotely
- Project length
- ≤ 1 week
- ≤ 1 month
- Between 1-3 months
- Business sector
- Architecture & Urban Planning
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Civic & Social Organizations
- Education & E-learning
Freelancer code of conduct signed
Read the Malt code of conduct
Native or bilingual
Cécile in a few words
After 5 years of enriching and diversified experiences including 2 years in Africa, I have now settled in in Istanbul as a freelance communications expert in the sustainable development and science sectors.
🇫🇷 🇬🇧 I write and design informative and engaging content for your online and offline communications products, both in English and French.
In a nutshell:
✔ Development of ambitious, innovative and objective-driven communications strategies.
📝 Content writing for blog posts, websites, social media, newsletters, brochures, presentations, etc.
✒ Writing articles, interviews, infographics, … to make complex content accessible to anyone and captivate the audience.
🎬 Design of communications products such as videos, photos, brochures, newsletters, etc.
🗞 Press relations
🔦 Any other task that can help you put your project under the spotlight!
Donors, project officers, researchers, communications specialists… your project deserves to be highlighted! If you do not have enough time or if the expertise is not available in your team, I can be in charge of your communications strategy. If you are convinced that the information must be shared, that every organization must be accountable and that populations must be aware of what is happening, we have to work together!
Civic & Social Organizations
Communications consultant - As a freelancer
Some of the missions I carried out:
- Indian Ocean Blue Year project: development of communications strategy and coordination of communications activities in 9 countries or territories of the Indian Ocean
- DiDEM research project: drafting of communications strategy
- French Research Institute for Sustainable Development and CNRS: implementation of the multi-channel regional strategy in Southern, Eastern Africa and the Indian Ocean
Agence Française de Développement
Regional communications officer - As a freelancer
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development
Regional communications officer
- Planning and facilitation of multimedia communication strategy for the joint IRD, CNRS and Cirad office in Southern Africa (12 countries), reporting to 3 HQ
- Regional coordination of IRD’s communications in Southern Africa, East Africa and the Indian Ocean (14 countries)
- Design and development of multimedia content: presentations, posters, infographics, videos, photos
- Planning and monitoring of digital communications: Bimestrial newsletter, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, 3 websites
- Partnership building and increased visibility in African and French media
- Drafting notes, press releases, scientific news
- Event planning and outreach activities
- Moderation and development of an internal community of researchers
- Making science available to anyone
Banking & Insurance
Internal communications officer
- Strategical planning and implementation of internal communication actions: news writing, interviews, event organization, monthly internal meetings;
- Increasing the employee support for the brand change (the company was merging its main brand with its historical competitor);
- Raising awareness and promoting the benefits of new internal processes and digital tools, the digitalization of customer relationship, a new internal structure and new ways of managing and working (focused on agility and flexibility). This was achieved through original internal content such as interviews, posters, quizzes, events and videos;
- Creative ideas to increase the employees’ well-being and to improve the welcoming process for new employees;
- Building a strong internal network to access internal information and promote best practices.
Defense & Military
Communications officer - Bataillon de marins-pompiers de Marseille
- Design and coordination of multimedia communication tools aimed at the general public and institutional targets: news stories, social media campaigns, videos, posters, ads, events, etc.
- Assist in the design of original visual content by videographers and graphist designers aimed at internal and external audiences
- Daily contacts with journalists from regional and national media
- Media briefings and conferences in the field during large rescue operations
My main challenge was to adapt to a demanding position and context and to high-pressure situations in the field with strong media expectations.
Action contre la Faim
Civic & Social Organizations
External communications assistant
My mission consisted in writing articles, stories and testimonies on ACF actions in around 15 countries and drafting press releases and press dossiers about a country or a topic, sometimes in coordination with other humanitarian NGOs.
Daily contacts with internationally-based offices gave me the opportunity to follow the field situation and gather testimonies and pictures to promote ACF actions and relay advocacy messages.
Civic & Social Organizations
Public relations intern - Information Service
- Reporting on biweekly media briefing by UN agencies based in Geneva;
- Social media posts drafting, on the newly-adopted SDGs and the UN 70th anniversary;
- Organisation of seminars (1 to 3 days) aimed at universities, companies and NGOs visiting the UN office;
- Organisation of Graduate Student Programme: 2-week programme for young students or professionals with a full programme of working groups, conferences, talks and visits;
- Monitoring and analysis of the Swiss media in areas related to UN programmes;
- Knowledge of the UN ecosystem: agencies, departments, partners (ICRC, Geneva universities, NGOs etc.).
Cité du design
As an intern in the communication department, I was in charge of developing the organization's close relations with the media:
- Drafting press releases and dossiers on exhibitions, launches, visits, events, nominations
- Development and updating of the media contact list and maintaining close and qualitative contacts with local and national journalists
- Event organization: logistics and media relations
- Media monitoring and press reviews
Are you sure? Your recommendation will be permanently deleted